Welcome to my personal website! I am fifth year PhD student in Applied Mathematics at the University of Colorado - Boulder working with Stephen Becker. I focus primarily on numerical optimization, inverse problems, and regression subject to uncertain data. Although this website is a work in progress, you can find information about my research including several projects I’ve worked on over the years. I plan to graduate in May-August 2022 and will be on the job market!
- I was fortunate to share my work on brain imaging and other topics in applied math with the Institute for Human Neuroscience at Boys Town Research Hospital in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Our paper "A study of scalar optically-pumped magnetometers for use in magnetoencephalography without shielding" was accepted by Physics in Medicine and Biology. A preprint can be found here.
- Presented our recent work on uncertain regression problems at SIAM OPT, Spokane, WA (remote). Slides can be found here.
- For the summer, I will be splitting time between Argonne National Laboratory as a Givens Associate and Los Alamos National Laboratory. A central focus of my work will be on efficient computation using mixed precision floating point arithmetic and its limitations in scientific computing.
- I successfully passed my comprehensive exams! Thank you to my committee, Stephen Becker, Svenja Knappe, Jem Corcoran, Emiliano Dall’Anese , and Will Kleiber.
- We posted our preprint "Approximate maximum likelihood estimators for linear regression with design matrix uncertainty" to ArXiv.
- Our work on approximate maximum likelihood estimation for regression was presented at SIAM FRAMC in Denver, CO (remote). Slides can be found here.
- Our paper "Robust least squares for quantized data matrices was accepted at Signal Processing.
- Rocky Clancy (my brother and an ethicist) will be presenting work on "Mapping concepts engineering students in China use to think about ethics". Although I only contributed a bit of code, I am happy to have two Clancys on a conference proceeding.
- My summer will be spent at FieldLine, Inc. continuing work on the simulation and solution of inverse problems for brain imaging.
- A preprint for our new paper "Robust least squares for quantized data matrices" can be found on arXiv.
- I will be interning at Sensory, Inc. as part of the Vision Research team.
- I have officially completed the preliminary exam portion of the PhD degree by passing the Probability and Statistics exam! In addition, I am done with course work!
- To my great relief, I passed the Numerical Analysis and Applied Analysis preliminary exams!